Langley City, a community of 27,000 people positioned in a rapidly growing area, is widely known as an award-winning city. Strategically located in Metro Vancouver, it has a vibrant community spirit and an inspiring vision of being "The Place To Be" now and in the future.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Langley City and for searching our website for job opportunities and career opportunities. Langley City appreciates the interest of all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
When applying for a Competition, please send your resume or application to Langley City Human Resources email at: HR@Langleycity.ca
When submitting your resume or your applications:
At this time we are not allowing applicants or interviews at City Hall or Timms.
- We are only hiring for the Competitions listed below.
- At this time we are only accepting resumes and applications digitally or via Canada Post.
- Langley City appreciates the interest of all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- At this time, those selected for an interview will be contacted and conducted at a scheduled time via digitally.
- If you do not have a cover letter and resume you may print the following Employment Application for submission (please do not submit both a resume and an application).
- Do not send links to SkyDrive or zip drives, for security reasons they will not be opened.
- The email subject line should indicate the Competition number and name of the opportunity you are applying for.
- Please only submit one application/resume per Competition.
Please visit our employment site often to search for job and career opportunities.
JOB OPPORTUNITY BULLETIN
Acting Captain (2)
June 1, 2020
The Fire Department has an opportunity available for 2 Acting Captains.
Applicants must have attained a rank of Fourth Year Firefighter and must have completed a recognized Company Officer Program or an equivalent recognized standard (such as NFPA 1021 Fire Officer I) as determined by the Fire Chief. Details of the position and its requirements can be found in the job description.
HOURS OF WORK: 42 hours per week (Monday to Sunday)
RATE OF PAY: $56.70 per hour (2019 I.A.F.F rate)
Please apply by submitting a current resume to:
Human Resources Division
20399 Douglas Crescent
Langley, B. C. V3A 4B3
Fax: (604) 514-0225
It is the responsibility of each interested applicant to ensure that his or her application is received by the Human Resources Division before the posting deadline of 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 12, 2020.
Thank you for the submission of your resume or application. The following Competitions (listed below) are now closed and we are no longer accepting resumes or applications. We will update the status of the competition you applied for so that you know if the competition is in the screening process, interview process or if the opportunity has been filled.
Screening: Posting has closed. Applications are being reviewed for short-listing.
Interviewing: Short-listed candidates have been contacted for an interview.
Filled: The competition has been closed and the position has been filled.
On-Hold: For a variety of reasons, recruitment has been suspended.
|Casual, Clerk Typist 3, Recreation, Culture and Community Services||Competition #20-07||On-hold|
|Casual, Lifeguard / Instructors (25)||Competition #20-10||On-hold|
|Casual, Recreation Worker 1 and 2||Competition #20-15||On-hold|
|Acting Captain - Letter of Understanding||Competition #20-17||Filled|
|Captain - Letter of Understanding||Competition #20-18||Filled|
|Regular Full- Time, Captain||Competition #20-19||Filled|
|Casual, Junior Leader||Competition #20-20||On-hold|
|Casual, Senior Leader||Competition #20-21||On-hold|
|Casual, Recreation Worker 1 (Inclusion Support Worker)||Competition #20-22||On-hold|
|Regular Part-Time Building Service Worker||Competition #20-23||On-hold|
|Exempt, Manager of Human Resources||Competition #20-25||Interviewing|