The City of Langley is proud to support the COVID-19 BC Immunization Plan, with Kwantlen Polytechnic University being used as a combined testing and Immunization vaccination centre operated by Fraser Health Authority.
All people 5+ can now register to get vaccinated. For more information on the COVID-19 vaccine, including booking details, please visit gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated or call 1-833-838-2323.
The City of Langley continues to provide most civic services while taking steps to protect the public and limit the spread of COVID-19. For department updates, specific programs and services, and facilities please see the following COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Masks are required for those 5 years of age and older inside City of Langley facilities, including Langley City Hall, Timms Community Centre, Douglas Recreation Centre, and Langley City Library. Exemptions for mask usage are people with health conditions or with physical, cognitive, or mental impairments who cannot wear one; or people who cannot put on or remove their mask on their own.
- The north entrance to City Hall/Timms Community Centre and Library is open. The public parkade remains closed as the City waits for the staff gate to be repaired (parts ordered).
- Property taxes can be paid online, through your bank online, or the Finance Department at Langley City Hall. Other departments within Langley City Hall, will continue to operate, but public access will continue to be restricted until further notice. The public is asked to make an appointment for services from the other departments by calling 604.514.2800 or emailing email@example.com.
- Bylaw and parking enforcement have resumed. The Bylaw Department has no authority to enforce COVID-19 compliance. To submit a complaint please contact Fraser Health. Parking disputes must be submitted in writing; parking dispute forms will be available at the bylaw office. Bylaw staff are available by email, online, phone or by appointment.
- Effective November 2021, Regular Council Meetings and Public Hearings will be held electronically via Zoom. Regular Meetings of Council will be held at 3:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Public Hearings will be held at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted. For more information on how to attend electronic Regular Council meetings and Public Hearings click here. Regular Council meetings will be video recorded and posted to the City's website and for viewing after each meeting. Public Hearings will be live-streamed to the public and the recordings posted to the City's website for viewing after each hearing. Click here to view.
- City Hall is not accepting resumes in-person and is only accepting resumes by emailing HR@langleycity.ca. Non-essential interviews have been cancelled and essential interviews will be conducted digitally. Langley City appreciates the interest of all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Engineering, Parks & Environment
- Parks are open. Please follow all of the COVID restrictions.
- Community Gardens are open. Users must comply with the Garden Coordinators to access their plots.
- Curbside garbage and organics collection – the city’s waste collection contractor, Emterra Environmental, is experiencing higher than normal garbage and organics volumes partly due to the season and more people home during this pandemic period. They kindly request your patience during this time. If your collection day is missed please place it out again the following day for collection. Should you have any concerns please contact 604-635-0999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recycling Collection - The new contractor, GFL Environmental, is enforcing collection rules more vigilantly than had been done in the past. Recycle BC has determined that proper sorting is imperative to the success of the recycling program as contamination results in recycling being redirected to the landfill. This will mean that we all need to be more diligent in sorting our recyclables. For more information please visit https://recyclebc.ca/langley/. If you have any questions or concerns about the curbside collection program, please contact the collection contractor, GFL Environmental, at 778.765.3662 or email@example.com. If unsatisfied with their response, then contact Recycle BC at 778-588-9504; Toll-Free 1-855-875-3596 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect our waste collection staff: Put all personal hygiene products, used tissues, sanitary wipes (even those labelled compostable), paper towels, napkins, cleaning cloths, face masks, gloves, and similar items in plastic garbage bags. Securely tie garbage bags shut and place them in the garbage bin. Set out in your bin in your regular collection area on your scheduled day. Un-bagged or loose items will not be collected. If you are sick or caring for someone who is sick in your home, please double-bag your waste, seal it tightly and place it in the regular garbage collection.
- All filming permitted in the City must follow COVID protocols. For more information, visit Creative BC.
Recreation, Culture & Community Services
In accordance with the order of the Provincial Health Officer, participants ages 22+ and older are required to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination with government issue ID, to participate in certain indoor events or activities offered by the City of Langley will be expected to show Proof of Vaccination at time of arrival. Proof of vaccination is required each time someone participates in one of the listed indoor activities.
The Weight Room is now open and regular hours of operation will begin on Friday, January 21, 2022.
Regular Hours of Operation
- Monday -Thursday 6 am-9 pm
- Friday 6 am-8 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 8 am-8 pm
Weight Room Capacity and Requirements:
- Maximum 15 patrons at a time.
- Proof of Vaccine is required.
- No pre-registration is needed. (We will monitor this and move to pre-reg if needed).
- Masks are required at all times in the facility except when exercising.
- Anyone showing signs or symptoms of illness will not be permitted into the facility.
Fitness Class will resume on Sunday, January 23, 2022. Proof of Vaccination and Pre-registration is required for all fitness classes. Masks are required at all times except when exercising. Please check the website for the fitness schedule.
Please Note: All annual and monthly passes have been suspended, time will be added onto your pass to compensate for the closures. Members will need to activate their passes in order to register online using their passes- call Timms reception to activate your pass.
Have questions? Contact us at 604.514.2940 or 604.514.2865 or email@example.com
- Any questions or inquiries regarding building permits and licences can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact us at 604.514.2804.
- If City inspection staff attend a job site and people in proximity to the inspection are presenting any signs of any illness, the inspection will not be conducted.
Fire Rescue Services
- Langley Fire Hall will continue to operate, but the public will have restricted access until further notice.
- The Fire department will continue to perform business inspections on a case-by-case basis. Please email email@example.com or phone 604.514.2880 for any questions or concerns.
Langley City Library
- The City of Langley Library re-opened to the public with COVID-19 safety protocols in place. The current hours of operation are Monday to Thursday, from 9 am to 8 pm. Friday and Saturday 10 am to 5 pm, and Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm. Telephone service is provided during those hours via 604-514-2850, and many resources and services are available on their website at http://www.fvrl.ca. The library will be re-assessing the hours of operation as the situation develops, and any changes will be posted online. For any more questions and concerns, please contact them at https://fvrl.bibliocommons.com/locations/LY
- All Community Police Offices in the Langleys will be closed until further notice. The RCMP is encouraging people to call 911 for emergencies and that any non-emergency inquiries/reports should be made by telephone at 604.532.3200. If unavoidable, in-person reports can only be made at the main detachment located at 22180 48A Avenue.
COVID-19 is transmitted via larger liquid droplets when a person coughs or sneezes. It can enter through the eyes, nose or throat. It is not known to be airborne (e.g. transmitted through particles in the air) and it does not come in through the skin. It can be spread by touch if a person has used their hands to cover their mouth or nose when they cough. For more information, please visit the following link from the BCCDC.
If you are not working as an essential service provider or front line response worker, please stay home. If you must leave your home, practice proper physical distancing by avoiding crowds and staying 2 metres (6 feet) away from other people.
- Regularly wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds; use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if hand-washing is not available.
- Maintain a physical distance (at least 2 metres apart from others).
- Avoid gathering in groups.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth and nose with your hands; Masks are not recommended as protection since they may cause you to touch your face more often, which may be worse than not wearing a mask.
- Covering mouth with a tissue when coughing and sneezing
- Discarding tissues into a waste container.
- Not attending public parks, facilities, events or gatherings if you are unwell and stay home when you are sick.
If you think you may have symptoms of coronavirus, call 8-1-1 for an assessment. The Public Health Agency of Canada has created a toll-free phone number (1-833-784-4397) to answer questions from Canadians about novel coronavirus.
Visit the health agency websites listed below for accurate and up-to-date information.
It is important to know the facts. Visit the health authority websites listed below for accurate and up-to-date information.
For non-medical information about COVID-19 call the dedicated COVID-19 information line at 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319). If you think you might have symptoms, complete this Ministry of Health self-assessment or call 811.
- Fraser Health Authority – Information and FAQs
- Notices to business operators issued by the Medical Health Officer for Fraser Health Region
- Fraser Health Class Order - Closure of Fitness Facilities in the region
- HealthLinkBC – Information and FAQs
- Office of the Provincial Health Officer
- Provincial Virtual Mental Health Supports During COVID-19
- BC Centre for Disease Control – Information and FAQs
- BC Centre for Disease Control and the Ministry of Health - COVID-19 Food and Beverage Sector Fact Sheet
- Health Canada – Information and Advice
- Government of Canada - Travel Health Notices
- World Health Organization
- World Health Organization Myth Busters
Medical information – 811
Non-medical information – 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319)
Fraser Health Crisis Line – 604-951-8855 (crisis intervention, support information on local services)
Community and Social Services information (recently added more resources for seniors) – 211
Public Health Agency of Canada toll-free phone number: 1-833-784-4397
Find Help Now - Need someone to talk to right away? If you are worried, confused or just need someone to talk to, there is help available:
- Kid’s Help Phone: Call 1-800-668-6868. For kids and teens (ages 20 and under), professional counsellors are available to help, 24 hours a day. It’s free, confidential and anonymous.
- Mental Health Support Line: Call 310-6789 (do not add 604, 778 or 250 before the number). This number will connect you to your local BC crisis line without a wait or busy signal, 24 hours a day. Crisis line workers are trained to help provide emotional support as well as mental health information and resources.
- Here to Help: https://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/infosheet/covid-19-and-anxiety
- Canadian Mental Health – BC Division https://cmha.bc.ca/mental-health/find-help
Visit bc211.ca, or call or text 211, for a comprehensive list of community and social services in Langley.
Are you a senior needing help, know a senior who needs help, or wish to volunteer? Register for NEW Safe Seniors, Strong Communities Program - a program that matches seniors who need support with non-medical essentials, to volunteers in their community who are willing to help. Visit bc211.ca, or call or text 211.
- The Langley Senior Resources Society provides a meal pick-up program (pre-order before noon; meals are not just for seniors, anyone may order)
- Langley Meals on Wheels provides meal delivery
- List of downtown Langley restaurants who are open for delivery or pick up
- The Salvation Army Gateway of Hope runs a community lunch program. Take-out bagged meal are available for pick up between 12:30pm and 1:00pm
- Langley School District Information and Updates
- Langley Arts Council facility is closed
- Fraser Valley Regional Library facilities have re-opened to the public with COVID-19 safety protocols in place. Hours of operation are vary at each location. Each library will be re-assessing the hours of operation as the situation develops, and any changes will be posted online. View http://www.fvrl.ca for the most up-to-date information.
- Langley Youth Hub information
- Langley Division of Family Practice information
- ICBC Payment deferral
- Federal Government Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- SurreyCares: Emergency Community Support Fund for charities and non-profits
- Fraser Health Class Order - Closure of Fitness Facilities in the region
- Provincial Government: Supporting Renters, Landlords during COVID-19
- BC Temporary Rental Supplement (BC-TRS) Program and Subsidy Application
- BC Hydro: Customer Crisis Fund and COVID-19 Relief Fund
- CMHC: COVID-19 Understanding Mortgage Payment Deferral
- COVID-19 Precautions for Multi-unit Residential Buildings
- Using Shared laundry Facilities during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Sources Rent Bank
Financial Support & Manufacturer Recruitment
- BC Chamber of Commerce: Resources for Businesses Affected by COVID-19
- BC Economic Development Association: BCEDA #COVID19 Resources for BC Businesses Guide
- BC Hydro: COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Canadian Business Resilience Network: Small Business Relief Fund | Financial Support
- Government of Canada: Business Support Finder Tool | Support for Businesses | Call to Action for Canadian Manufacturers
- Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce: Financial Support/Relief for Businesses
- ICBC: COVID-19 Information
- New Ventures BC: Innovator Skills Initiative Grant
- Province of British Columbia: COVID-19 Provincial and Federal Benefits | Calling Suppliers for Products and Services to Support BC’s COVID-19 Response | Small and Medium-Sized Business Recovery Grant
Business Reopening Resources
- City of Langley: Guide to Outdoor Dining on Sidewalks
- City of Langley: COVID-19 Patio Occupant Load Guidelines
- BC Centre for Disease Control: COVID-19 Info Posters and Factsheets
- Canadian Business Resilience Network: Reopening Canada's Economy | Recovery
- Fraser Health: COVID-19 Info Posters
- Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce: Personal Protective Equipment & Supplies | Recovery Planning Resources | Phase One Resources
- Province of BC: BC's Restart Plan
- WorkSafeBC: COVID-19 Industry Information (Phase 1) | COVID-19 and Returning to Safe Operation (Phase 2) | COVID-19 Safety Plan | FAQ: Returning to Safe Operation
COVID-19 Business Continuity & Preparedness Resources
- BC Centre for Disease Control: COVID-19 Employers and Businesses Information
- BC Economic Development Association: BCEDA #COVID19 Resources for BC Businesses Guide | Planning for Coronavirus: A Guide for Businesses and Organizations | Daily COVID-19 Update Bulletins
- Canadian Business Resilience Network: Health and Safety | Tips and Advice | Data and Research | Toolkits | Videos and Webinars | Recovery
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety: Sector-Based COVID-19 Safe Operation Tip Sheets
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce: COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness for Business
- Canadian Payroll Association: Payroll & COVID-19
- PreparedBC: Guide for Small Businesses | Emergency Plan for Small Business
- Small Business BC: B.C. Business COVID-19 Support Service | COVID-19 Businesses Continuity Checklist | Financing Options for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
- Vancouver Board of Trade: Business Preparedness Checklist COVID-19
- WorkSafe BC: What Employers Should Do | Controlling Exposure: Protecting Workers from Infectious Disease
- World Health Organization: Getting Your Workplace Ready for COVID-19