Every year on the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, at the eleventh hour, Canadians gather to stand in honour of all who have fallen.
Together, we observe a moment of silence to mark the sacrifice of the many who have fallen in the service of their country, and to acknowledge the courage of those who still serve.
Langley City invites our community to gather together at the Douglas Park Cenotaph to remember all who served and sacrificed for our country. If you are unable to attend in person see the online ceremony page for another option.
In-Person Ceremony Details:
- Date: November 11, 2023
- Time: 10:50am - Ceremony starts
- Location: Douglas Park Cenotaph - 20550 Douglas Crescent
- Note: Douglas Crescent from 204 Street to 206 Street and a portion of Park Avenue will be closed from 6:30am to 1:00pm
Order of Service
- "O Canada"
- Invocation Prayer
- Last Post
- Two Minutes of Silence
- In Flanders Field Poem
- Act of Remembrance
- The Lord's Prayer & Scripture Reading
- "O God Our Help in Ages Past"
- Act of Homage
- Laying of the Wreaths
- "Amazing Grace"
- Benediction Pastor
- "God Save the King"
Langley City produced the video below to provide an opportunity for those who are not able to attend an in-person ceremony but whom would still like the opportunity to remember. Please note it is recommended to start the video at 10:55 am to observe a moment of silence at 11:00 am.
The Act of Remembrance
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
We will remember them.
Wreath Sales are available at any Royal Canadian Legion Branch; the information provided is for purchasing from the Royal Canadian Legion Branch #6 located in Cloverdale.
What Wreaths are available for purchase?
- #14 Wreath (14 inch) = $65
- #20 Wreath (20 inch) = $100
- #24 Wreath (24 inch) = $155
- #35 Cross = $60
How can I order a wreath?
- In Person by visiting the Royal Canadian Legion Branch #6 - Cloverdale, located at 17567 57 Avenue, Surrey BC
- Over the Phone by calling 604 - 574 - 5300, then selection extension #5
Note: you are responsible for picking up your wreath from the legion.
How can I be added to the list of people laying a wreath at the Langley City ceremony?
- email firstname.lastname@example.org and write 'Remembrance Day Ceremony' in the subject line of the email
- deadline to notify the City that you plan to lay a wreath is Friday November 3, 2023
- once you are a confirmed participant additional details will be sent to you via email
Phone: 604 514 2940