Be active and access sports equipment and games with Live 5-2-1-0 Playboxes. Simply unlock the box, enjoy the gear, return it when you're finished and have fun!
Playboxes are big tool boxes located in five City of Langley Parks which are stocked with all sorts of play and sports equipment. Everyone is able to sign up for free access to the Playbox, which is accessible from dawn to dusk, or when the park is open. Please return the equipment to the Playbox after each use to allow it to be available for other users.
Langley City parks are open throughout the year from dawn till dusk.
Live 5210 Playbox Locations
The playboxes are located at these 5 Langley City parks.
|206th Street & Douglas Crescent
|201 A Street & Michaud Crescent
|198 Street & 53 Avenue
|Penzer Action Park *Not Available*
|198C Street & 47 Avenue
|City Park *Not Available*
|207 Street Between 48 Ave & 51 Ave
To access the equipment contained in the Playbox, you can either:
- Phone: Call Timms Community Centre at 604.514.2940 and request the lock combination
- Email: Send a request for the lock combination to email@example.com
Combinations will be changed every 3 months and users will receive an email confirmation of a new code.
Opening the Playbox
Line up the code with the 4 dashes on the lock. Please remember to lock the box when you are done and scrambler up the code to assure the lock is secure.
The Playboxes are brought to you by the City of Langley, Fraser Health, Langley Early Years Centre and SCOPE BC.
Thank you to our sponsors:
- KMS Tools - Langley
Become a Playbox Ambassador
What makes Play Box programs sustainable and successful is having a community of ambassadors responsible for keeping the Play Boxes in good working order. To become a Play Box Ambassador, first review the Ambassador role and responsibilities, then fill out the Ambassador Registration Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Checking in periodically on the condition of the box, lock and equipment
• Keeping the Play Box clean
• Reporting any maintenance issues to the Play Box Ambassador Program Supervisor
• Keeping soccer balls and footballs properly inflated
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required
• Physically able to perform the required tasks
• Be reliable and safety conscious
• Enjoy the outdoors
• Be accompanied by an adult if under age 19
• Must commit to a minimum of 1 year
• Visit the Play Box once (or more) per month to help maintain it as outlined under "Duties"
Play Boxes not only encourages families to go outside and be physically active, but they also help people living in a neighbourhood get to know each other. It helps people build community. Ambassadors are vital to helping make this happen.