Get Active at the 62nd annual Langley Walk
Note: Online registration will open in the new year! Please check back for updates.
Bring your family and friends and enjoy a walk along a 5km or 10km route.
All finishers will receive a commemorative crest!
Plaques awarded for:
- Oldest walker
- Most walks from:
- a school- elementary, middle, and secondary
- a business or organization
- a family
Year of the Walk: 62nd
Date: May 5, 2024
Time: 12:30pm, walk starts at 1:00pm
Location: To Be Announced
Know Before You Go
- This event will run rain or shine.
- The event begins at 12:30pm with a pre-walk warm-up
- The route is accessible; strollers and wheelchairs are allowed on route.
- Please bring your own reusable water bottle or cup.
- Dress for the weather.
The Langley Walk was started in 1963 by Pete Swensson, Langley Township’s first Recreation Director, who was passionate about getting people involved in fitness. The first Walk drew about 500 people who walked a 22-mile course that stretched from Aldergrove Park to River Road, from Fort Langley to City Park. The Walk hit its peak in the 1970s, attracting more than 5,000 people; today the walk attracts between 750-1000 people per year.
Past Walk Locations:
- 2023 - 61st - Douglas Park
- 2022 - 60th - McLeod Athletic Park
- 2021 - 59th - Virtual
- 2020 - 58th - Virtual
- 2019 - 57th - Aldergrove
- 2018 - 56th - Brookswood
- 2017 - 55th - Willoughby
- 2016 - 54th - Langley City
- 2015 - 53rd - Walnut Grove
- 2014 - 52nd - Fort Langley
- 2013 - 51st - Langley City
- 2012 - 50th - McLeod Athletic Park
- 2011 - 49th - Brookswood
- 2010 - 48th - Willoughby
- 2009 - 47th - Langley City
- 2008 - 46th - Fort Langley
- 2007 - 45th - Walnut Grove
Join us for a fun-filled day of volunteering at the Langley Walk. Volunteers are needed for event set up and take down, registration, water stations, and as course marshals to direct walkers. Sign up to volunteer through the Langley Volunteer Bureau.
Find stories related to the annual event by clicking the links below.
- 2023 - Aldergrove Star - 61st Langley Walk takes place Sunday at Douglas Park
- 2022 - Aldergrove Star - Langley Walk is Sunday so area around McLeod Athletic Park expected to be busy
- 2019 - Aldergrove Star - 57th annual Langley Walk takes family fun seriously
- 2018 - Langley Advance - Walk an important Langley tradition for many returnees
- 2018 - Langley Times - Brookswood hosts 56th annual Langley Walk
- 2017 - Langley Advance - Langley Walk sets off under blue skies